The 2016 Roadster™ motorcycle combines stoplight-to-stoplight power, agility and garage-built custom style to shatter every mold. Shaped by nearly 60 years of heritage and stripped to the essential elements of a pure riding machine, in 2016 the Harley-Davidson Roadster joined the Dark Custom lineup with a minimalist design inspired by classic racing motorcycles and current trends in stripped-down, naked custom bikes. Tucked in, fast back style and corner cranking torque for a street eating machine.
The Roadster™ combines low-end torque, agile handling and garage-built custom style. It’s refined performance package includes 43mm inverted front forks, dual disc brakes, adjustable rear suspension and new dual gauge instrumentation with speedo and tach. You get a chopped rear fender and a side mount license plate (US only) to complement its iconic tank. The riding position is aggressive, but comfortable, thanks to the new two up seat, mid-mount controls, lowered bars and 19-inch front and 18-inch rear offset-split 5-spoke cast aluminum wheels. Turn the 1200cc Evolution® engine loose at the nearest green light.
Ruling the roads since 1957, the Sportster family leads in styling and performance with models like the Roadster, Roadster and Roadster motorcycles. Combining quick, responsive handling and a flat torque curve with unmistakable styling makes Sportster a true American icon.
All XL Sportster models share the same 45-degree Evolution V-Twin engine design in either 883cc or 1200 cc displacements
5-speed transmission with belt final drive
ABS optional on all models
Battery tender harness
MODEL UNIQUE FEATURES
• Blacked-out powertrain with gray oval air cleaner
• Shorty-dual exhaust with chrome tapered mufflers and laser cut black heat shields
• Lightweight, Offset-Split 5-Spoke Cast Aluminum wheels; 19-inch front, 18-inch rear
• 43 mm front fork with massive triple clamps
• Slammed drag-style handlebar and gauges
• Black headlamp bucket with chrome trim ring
• 3.3 gal “walnut” gas tank with custom tank graphics
• Black, top-mounted mirrors
• Extreme chopped rear fender
• Finned cast timer cover
• Side-mounted license plate (U.S. configuration)
• Two-up seat with ribbed detail and minimalist styling
• Lowered handlebar
• Forward riding position with mid-mounted controls
• Premium emulsion technology rear shocks with screw style pre-load adjustment
• 43 mm inverted front forks with premium cartridge damping technology and triple clamp design
• Optimized steering geometry for a responsive, confidence-inspiring ride
• Dual-disc front brakes
• 4-inch Dual speedometer/tachometer gauge, integrated into handlebar clamp
• Includes digital odometer, clock, dual tripmeter, miles to empty, gear indicator (1-5), and analog RPM output
• Blade key ignition; fork lock common with ignition key
• Single, push button hazard warning
• 19-inch front, 18-inch rear cast aluminum wheels
• Dunlop® Harley-Davidson® Series radial blackwall tires designed specially for the XL1200XR to achieve excellent ride, handling and maneuverability performance
• Closed loop exhaust system meets worldwide emission standards
• Rubber-mounted, Air-cooled, 1200 cc Evolution® engine
• Electronic Sequential Port Fuel Injection (ESPFI) with heated O2 sensors
• 5-speed transmission
• Confidence-inspiring front-end geometry
• Anti-lock Braking System (ABS)1 (factory installed option)
• Smart Security System™ with hands-free, proximity based security fob and keyless ignition (factory installed option)
Pre-owned motorcycle pricing includes all offers and incentive.Tax, Title, Tags and fees not included in motorcycle prices shown and must be paid by the purchaser. While great effort is made to ensure the accuracy of the information on this site, errors do occur so please verify information with a customer service representative.This is easily done by calling us at 407-328-1212 or by visiting us at the dealership.
**With approved credit.Terms may vary.Monthly payments are only estimates derived from the motorcycle price with a month term, % interest and % downpayment.